SISI Allahabad (U.P.)
SISI, Allahabad, set-up in the year 1956, at Allahabad with its Branch at Maduadiah, Varanasi, provides Techno-Economic & Managerial services to entrepreneurs of Eastern U.P. It has facilities to train personnel from the industry in the product/process oriented training and provides extension services to small scale industries through its common facilities workshops located at Naini Industrial Estate, Allahabad and Maduadih Industrial Estate, Varanasi and Electronic Laboratory at Industrial Estate, Naini, Allahabad.
The jurisdiction of SISI Allahabad extends to the eastern region of U.P., comprising of 28 districts out of which 16 are industrially backward.
Workshop facilities/testing jobs conducted/revenue earned
SISI, Allahabad provides common facilities and training in the field of machining, grinding, fitting and heat treatment, blue print reading and Br. SISI, Varanasi has facilities in general engineering,heat treatment, machineship fitting and blue print reading. Facilities for making better punch, dies, jigs, fixtures, tools and prototype for new items for small scale units are also available at both the centres. SISI, Allahabad has also the facility of Electronic Laboratory for providing the common facilities like testing and calibration of electronic items/equipments as well as undertaking development projects besides giving demonstration on electronics and electrical instrument.
During the year 2000-2001 the workshops undertook 328 jobs benefitting 212 units and earned revenue worth Rs.1,32,463.
Blue Prints, Drawings, Technical Publications, etc. Prepared and Supplied
During the period under report, 59 technical schemes and a number of sketches, charts, drawings, blue prints were prepared and supplied to entrepreneurs. One month part time Blue Print reading Course was also conducted at SISI Allahabad wherein 27 candidates were trained.
4612 prospective entrepreneurs and existing small scale units took the benefit of consultancy services provided by the Institute during the year 2000-2001.
Training and Seminars
The Institute organised various types of training programmes in the form of Motivational Campaigns, Process and Product Oriented Entrepreneurship Development programmes, Management Development Programmes, Technical Programmes and Skill Development Training Programmes. Special technical training programmes for rural youth and rural women were organised for State Govt under their central schemes of TRYSEM and DWAKRA. Training was given in various trades like electrician, motor winding, radio and TV repairing, washing soap and detergent etc.
The Institute organised seven motivation campaigns which were well attended. These campaigns were aimed at motivating the unemployed boys and girls to take up self employment activities.
Entreprenurship Development Programme
During the year as against 7 EDPs allotted, 8 EDPs were conducted. The details of these courses are as under:
- The First course was organized at Allahabad for manufacturing of Wound Components like small transformers and fluorescent tubelights chokes. In this course 29 candidates were trained out of whom 4 were SC/ST category. A revenue of Rs 16126/- was earned by way of fee from the trainees.
- The Second course was organized at Allahabad for Unemployed Boys. In all 27 candidates participated in this course out of whom 11 were from SC/ST category. The course was aimed to train the unemployed boys in the assembly and repairing of AC/DC Water Pump and Mono-block. A total of Rs 11350/- was collected as fee from the trainees.
- The Third course was organized at Varanasi for manufacture of Agro Based Items. Total 24 candidates participated in this course out of whom 7 were from SC/ST and 3 women category. A revenue of Rs 15000-00 was collected by way of fee from the candidates.
- The Fourth EDP course was organized at Varanasi for manufacture of Vanaushadhi products. In this course 26 candidates were trained out of whom one women candidate. A fee of Rs 26000-00 was collected from the participants.
- The Fifth EDP course was organized at Allahabad for Repair & Servicing of Refrigerator and Air-Conditioner for unemployed youths. In all 30 candidates participated in this course out of whom 5 were from SC/ST category. A revenue of Rs 27650-00 was collected by way of fee from the trainees.
- The Sixth EDP course for women entrepreneurs was organized at Allahabad for manfacture of Chemical, Food and Other Items. This course was attended by 24 candidates out of whom 6 were from SC/ST category. A sum of Rs 10500-00 was collected as training fee.
- The Seventh EDP course was organized at Varanasi on Computer Hardware. This course was attended by 26 candidates out of whom 1 physically handicapped, 6 SC/ST and 4 women category. A revenue of Rs 27000-00 was collected as training fee.
- The Eighth EDP Course was organized at Varanasi for manufacture of food & chemical items. 31 candidates participated in the programme.
Following modernization programme were organized by the Institute during the year 2000-2001.
- A Status Report on Bakery Industry was prepared which covers the demand of bakery port in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, production and distribution pattern, manufacturing techniques, quality control, selection of raw material, sanitation of hygienic condition and problems faced by existing units, etc.
- A Status Report on Leather Based Industries which covers the present position of leather units in Faizabad district containing problems faced by foot wear industry and suggestions, recommendations and development of an integrated strategy were made in the report.
- A Directory of Manufacturers/Suppliers for Wire Working Machinery which covers category of wire working machine, etc.
- A Directory on Leather/Foot Wear Units of Eastern Uttar Pradesh was prepared.
- A Directory on Machinery Suppliers of Leather Footwear Units was prepared.
- A Report on Indian Pharmaceutical Industries-Prospect and Problems was prepared.
- A Technical-cum-Economic Feasibility Status Report on Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer was prepared during the year.
Ancillary Development/Marketing and Export
Marketing Support & Subcontracting
- 22 Small Scale Units were registered in Sub-Contracting Exchange.
- Seven numbers of PSE/LS units visited during the year.
- Three numbers of queries received by SCX from large scale units.
- Four project profiles prepared for ancillary units.
Export Promotion Programme
- An Export Management Programme was organized at Varanasi under Management Development Programme. The faculty for the course was specially drawn from Export related Departments. 35 candidates participated in this course, out of whom three belonged to SC/ST category and three were the women candidates.
- Provided the assistance/activities undertaken to 13 numbers of small scale export worthy units.
- SSI units were encouraged to send their products/exhibits for participation in Trade Fairs abroad.
- Information in Export trade has been disseminated to Export Worthy units. Officer of this Institute attended meeting with Eastern Uttar Pradesh exporters associations. Various export problems were discussed in the meeting.
Economic Investigation/Statistical Services
- Industrial Potentiality Survey Report of six district namely Basti, Balrampur, Kaushambi, Jaunpur, Chandauly and Varanasi have been prepared.
- Market Survey Report of 4 items have been prepared.
- Potential of Agro based Industries in Ballia district have been prepared.
- Monthly Production Data/Quarterly Production Data in respect of 27 units were regularly collected on monthly and quarterly basis and sent to DC(SSI) and SISI, Kanpur for compilation of data for whole State.
Assistance to DIC's
- Officers of this Institute visited all DICs under jurisdiction of this Institute.
- Officers of the Institute participated in Zila Pradhikaran Samitee Meetings as member in the district/zonal district under the jurisdiction of SISI and for finalizing the cases of small scale units.
- Officers of the Institute attended Task Force Committee Meeting under PMRY scheme of different DIC's and identified/selected candidates.
- Officers of the Institute delivered lecture in EDP's organized by different DICs.
- The Institute rendered technical assistance to the prospective entrepreneurs /existing entrepreneurs referred by DIC.
- Technical Information /project profiles were provided to DIC's on their request.
- The Institute organized the Intensive Industrial Motivational Campaign, EDPs active collaboration of DIC's.
- the Director, SISI, Allahabad as a Member of the Committee for award of unit in the Divisional level assisted to Joint Director of Industries of award.
Assistance to SC/ST/Women/Weaker Sections Entrepreneurs
This Institute is regularly providing technical assistance/organizing the EDP for SC/ST/Women/Weaker Section Entrepreneurs. Specific achievements are as under: